Conference Gathers 99 Influential Leaders to Re-Think the Social Workplace of Tomorrow
VANCOUVER, British Columbia – August 31, 2011 – Impact People Practices, an HR consulting firm dedicated to fostering leadership and employee engagement, today announced Impact99, the first Canadian social and HR conference of its kind. The conference, which will be held in cities on the East and West coast this fall, will gather 99 influential leaders to connect, engage and together, reinvent the workplace. Participants will share their collective knowledge, be exposed to the latest social tools, techniques and platforms, and connect with and learn from some of Canada’s leading social media and social HR Trailblazers.
Impact99 takes place October 6 at Quest University in Squamish, BC, and again on November 7 in Toronto, ON. It brings together leaders from Canada’s top companies, including Starbucks, Walmart Canada, Whistler Blackcomb, Scotia Capital, Beeddie School of Business, Sauder School of Business and more. For more information, visit http://www.impact99.ca/.
“Impact99 is not your typical conference,” said show organizer and co-founder Christine McLeod, CHRP and director of Impact People Practices.
“It’s part summit, part think tank and part bootcamp, and is designed to provide HR and C-suite leaders with a rare opportunity to collaborate around new ideas, tools and strategies that can reshape their company’s culture and workplace. Our goal is to bring together a community of decision-makers who believe it’s time to re-think how employers, employees and customers engage with one another and to provide an important voice in the movement toward creating a truly social workplace.”
Keynote speakers at Impact99 will include:
- October 6, Squamish BC
- Shane Gibson, international speaker, author, entrepreneur and co-founder of Socialized! Ltd., a social media assessment and strategy firm
- Chuck Hamilton, virtual learning leader at IBM’s Center for Advanced Learning, and expert on the intersection of people, learning and technology
- November 7, Toronto ONT
- Sidneyeve Matrix, media professor at Queen’s University and eCommunications strategy & design consultant at MatrixMediaFX
- Daneal Charney senior leadership consultant at Leadership Reframed and Gen Y guru
Impact 99 panels will include:
- Kemp Edmonds, enterprise trainer at HootSuite and social media educator, will lead a discussion on October 6 among leading Canadian CEO and HR executives who are successfully integrating social tools to drive engagement and performance in the workplace
- Erin Bury, a social media, community management and communications consultant will do the same on November 7
- Other topics to be discussed include:
- Building an Employer Brand that Attracts and Retains Top Talent
- Leveraging Social Media Technology
- What Role HR Should Play in the Creation of a More Open Collaborative Workplace
- Ten Tools That Can Transform Your Workplace
- Harnessing the Knowledge of Your Workplace
- DOING Social and BEING Social
- Enterprise 2.0 and Beyond: Trends That will Affect Your Workplace by 2016
Ten social media coaches will be on hand at each conference to work closely with attendees to collaborate on ideas, tools and strategies that can have an immediate impact on their company. Dozens of vendors will also be on hand to demonstrate the latest social HR and business tools and platforms.
“Our goal for Impact99 is to start a movement that enables Canadian organizations to not only talk about social, but actually start doing it,” said show organizer and co-founder Jeff Waldman, HR and social media expert.
“I believe Impact99 is about creating an optimal learning environment that is experiential, hands-on and collaborative. It’s the only way to ‘kick HR in the rear’ to start understanding, embracing, integrating and leveraging social within the workplace to create more value in the organizations we work for.”
Attendance at each Impact99 conference is limited to 99 HR and business leaders. To register for the October 6 conference in Squamish, visit http://www.impact99.ca/squamish/home.html; for the November 7 conference in Toronto, visit http://www.impact99.ca/toronto/home.html. Registration for each one-day conference is $350 Opportunities for sponsorship and exhibiting still exist. To learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-848-9407.
Impact99 is the first social and HR conference of its kind. It presents a hands-on learning experience for HR and business leaders who strive to create the kind of social workplace that drives interaction, connection, collaboration, innovation and engagement to new heights. The conference is presented by Impact People Practices, an HR and business consulting firm dedicated to fostering leadership and employee engagement. For more information, visit http://www.impact99.ca, email email@example.com or call 604-848-9407.
# # #
Public Relations for Impact99
Buy your Squamish Oct 6th event ticket – register in the box below
Buy your Toronto Nov 7th event ticket- register in box below