Cadi Jordan is coming to Impact 99
Who you are (the official version) ?
3 things that are unique about you:
What are you passionate about?
Tell us about your FIRST social media experience.
Leveraging Human Capital through Social Platforms: Your two cents
This is must! I can’t imagine life without Social. I was born Social and now Social Platforms just allow me to leverage life and connections in so many different ways. Reaching out, connecting or going for the ‘ask’! Before there was word of mouth. Now, Social Platforms allow for just so much more! The importance really comes in taking Social off line and in person whenever at all possible.
What social platforms do you regularly use, and why?
What Social Platform/Media/Software companies do you think are BRILLIANT and hot right now?
Twenty Feet, Google+
What are the top three people whose social media persona you admire and follow? Why?
1. The first person that I met when learning to utilize Social Platforms in business was local Shane Gibson when launching his book Sociable.
2. From there I randomly asked Scott Stratten to town on his book tour for UnMarketing and made that into a little UnConference with some amazing other businesses that I met through Social Platforms.
3. Do I have to pick 3? I really enjoy Seth Godin, Chris Brogan and Jay Baer’s Convince & Convert Blog as well.
When you think of HR (Human Resources) and Social Media, where does your brain go?
My brain goes to the amazing opportunities for those working in HR to connect and recruit through Social Platforms. With all of the online tools available, especially with all that LinkedIn has to offer, HR teams need to be utilizing Social Platforms. Personality, background checks and even leveraging whom others are connected with is so powerful!
How do you create the following?
They are all inter connected
• COMMUNITY- through engaging, sharing like minded information and conversation around topics of interest. You may and will establish different pockets of community as you build and utilize Social Platforms
• LEADERSHIP – through engagement and community when sharing valuable content and creating context around those topics of interest.
What are the biggest mistakes you see corporate leaders making with social media?
What are your thoughts about the role social media can play in “workplace engagement”?
Social Platforms may be leveraging in many different ways both internally and externally within the workplace. When established and utilized around the system that your company wishes to utilize I believe that doors can open to further company culture and foster better communications all round.
Who was the best boss you ever had and why?
If you had a magic wand and a loudspeaker, what would be the one thing you would wish for to re-invent the workplace as we know it?
Allow for your staff to have their say. Here them out! One of my favorite examples of fostering vision and a business showing support to their employees is from Cameron Herold and his time at 1800gotjunk. They implemented a vision wall and had the staff write and put up what they saw for the company…it led to many many great things happening!
Why should people sign up for Impact99?
Many out there are missing out on the value of social platforms! In coming out to this event you have the benefit of hearing from industry leaders, learning and sharing all in one place. Connecting with other professionals that are like minded and in the same learning space leaves for a productive environment to learn and grow your ideas on implementing Social in your company!